Python Programming for Machine Learning
Python Programming for Machine Learning is an optional course in the module "Machine Learning - Theory and Applications" and is worth 3 LP (3 ECTS credits).
21.04.2017 - 16.05.2017
Fridays from 16:15 to 18:00 in room H 0107
Tuesdays from 14:15 to 18:00 in rooms MAR 6.001, 6.029, 6.057
Wednesday 31.05.2017 from 16:15 to 17:45 in room H 0104
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When does the course start? The course starts on 21 April 2017 in room H 0107
How to register for the course? Pre-registration is not needed. Only exam registration is necessary.
How many credits is the course? 3 ECTS if taken as a standalone course (e.g. Nebenhörerschaft, Erasmus).
- Python Basics
- Numpy / Performance / Plotting
- Rounding / Overflow / Linear Algebra
- Randomness / Simulation
- Linear Models (Regression, PCA)
- Low-Level Extensions (F2PY)
Knowledge of elementary programming concepts will be helpful. Be aware that lack of such knowledge will increase the time demand of the class. In that case, you should consider to prepare with a python beginner class.
Homework is submitted via the ISIS page.
students from other universities
If you are not a student at TU and want to earn credit, you have to solicit ''Nebenhörerschaft'':
- print out the forms concerning Nebenhörerschaft you find on that page
- pass by at my office (see above) to have them signed
- in addition, the dean of faculty IV has to sign
- register at the the Campus Center. You will receive a TUBIT account (see below).